A cheese and meat platter with some of our favourite port (Taylor Fladgate 10 Year Old Tawny - we like the more aged stuff as well, but the price point is good on this one).
Here's a breakdown of the goods:
We bought everything at Longo's and here are some delicious combinations we found/were suggested by the little info cards at the store:
- Coeur de lion with pomegranate seeds on a cornbread cracker
- Tremonti Crontonese Red Pepper with warmed honey
- Goat Gouda on a vegetable thin
- Parma prosciutto wrapped around some cantaloupe and pecorino/asiago
- Dry Sausage with anything!
The whole platter probably only cost us about $50 plus $35 for the bottle of port and we had lots of leftover of everything. It was a nice meal to have sitting in front of the telly watching "The Sing-Off" Christmas edition while the baby slept away in the Moby Wrap. A really easy and tasty way to have date night at home.