Make, Jane, make!: Mosaic Easter Eggs with Mod Podge

Printfriendly

Small Share

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Mosaic Easter Eggs with Mod Podge


Recently I was wondering about when fabric scraps become so small and useless that you have to throw them out. And I was just about to purge my scrap basket (which had somehow expanded to a scrap basket and box) when I saw this lovely craft at Sew, Mama, Sew!

At Sew, Mama, Sew! they used Mod Podge Sparkle and much prettier and more coordinated fabric scraps than I did. However,when you're crafting with four and two year old boys... you don't worry about pretty.

My younger son tired of the craft as soon as he figured out that it was a sticky hands project (funny how all toddlers go through a no-"ticky" phase). My eldest son surprised me by sticking with the craft for a good half hour before eventually getting frustrated with his ever stickier and sticker fingers, which made it difficult for him to pick up and paste the small scraps onto the eggs. So as usual, mommy got to finish off what the children left behind.

It would have been nice to have cardboard or paper-mache eggs, since the plastic eggs were a bit slippery and had rough edges where the two halves separated... But since I went shopping for the eggs on Thursday - beggars can't be choosers.


All in all, it was a fun craft to try and we'll definitely do it again next year. I hid the finished eggs in the boys' room just now as they were sleeping. It will be their warm-up for the big Easter Egg hunt in the morning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment