Here's the first box. And yes! There's finally enough bok choy in my share to make a whole vegetable dish. (I always wondered what I was supposed to do with the measly two heads of bok choy that I used to get in my half-share last year?)
So hopefully, I'll be able provide some seasonal, gastronomical inspiration as I try to keep up with the deluge of produce.
In case you were wondering, here's the planned itinerary for the above:
- Leaf and Romaine lettuces: salads.
- Rutabagas: mashed (to go with red-braised pork belly)
- Bok choy: stir-fried (to go with pork belly)
- Rhubarb: jelly or tart... undecided as of this moment
- Spinach, kale, chard: blanching and freezing
- Asparagus: grilled (mmm!)
- Scapes: Maybe a stir fry with tofu, mushrooms, carrots...
- Radishes: leaves have already been made into pesto. Radishes may (attempt to) be butter dipped.
- Sage: a friend suggested sage tea which sounds intriguing and soothing
- Basil: Will be planted with the rest of my basil.