Make, Jane, make!: Warning: Farmshare posts ahead...

Printfriendly

Small Share

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Warning: Farmshare posts ahead...

The CSA season is beginning here and you are now being forewarned that my blog will very soon become almost completely food oriented.


Here's the first box. And yes! There's finally enough bok choy in my share to make a whole vegetable dish. (I always wondered what I was supposed to do with the measly two heads of bok choy that I used to get in my half-share last year?)

So hopefully, I'll be able provide some seasonal, gastronomical inspiration as I try to keep up with the deluge of produce.

In case you were wondering, here's the planned itinerary for the above:

  • Leaf and Romaine lettuces: salads.
  • Rutabagas: mashed (to go with red-braised pork belly)
  • Bok choy: stir-fried (to go with pork belly)
  • Rhubarb: jelly or tart... undecided as of this moment
  • Spinach, kale, chard: blanching and freezing
  • Asparagus: grilled (mmm!)
  • Scapes: Maybe a stir fry with tofu, mushrooms, carrots...
  • Radishes: leaves have already been made into pesto. Radishes may (attempt to) be butter dipped
  • Sage: a friend suggested sage tea which sounds intriguing and soothing
  • Basil: Will be planted with the rest of my basil.


No comments:

Post a Comment